This is the third and last post on “What is an eSignature?”. In the previous posts (1/3 and 2/3) a comprehensive explanation has been made about the typologies and the legality of the electronic signature.
At this point, we want to explain how Lleida.net makes Click & Sign tool, an online platform for contracting and signing documents, available to its clients. Click & Sign allows us to add different elements in the signature process to reinforce the validity and identity of the signatory
How can Lleida.net help you with esignatures?
Over the years, Lleida.net has been developing technological tools to obtain the consent form electronically (see the Electronic Contracting section at our website), although it is Click & Sign tool that offers more options and versatility to adapt to the customer environment.
It is a process that sends one or more PDF documents to be signed. The advantage is that it is modular and different electronic signature methods can be added. Here is how it works:
Once the signatory receives the document and reaches the end of it, the following signature options can be enabled:
- By clicking on ACCEPT or SIGN button: after the document has been accessed, a button is enabled to click and give consent.
- With signature: a space to sign is enabled, and it will be collected through a touch screen.
- OTP: the signatory receives a registered SMS with a one-time password (OTP) on its mobile and it will be entered in the space provided.
All these options combined, are available on the Click & Sign platform (user area) and do not require any technical knowledge for their implementation and setting up. They can also be integrated into ERP or CRM through APIs.
All off the above options, the one that can be considered by itself as an advanced electronic signature is the one made by OTP. Lleida.net has recently audited its compliance through a third expert, TCAB, who has issued a compliance accreditation. Lleida.net has added an OTP creation and storage system, which guarantees that the OTP is under the exclusive control of the signatory through a hash management system. You can see the Declaration of Practice of this service at our web page.
Likewise, it is an essential requirement for the signatory to identified itself before starting the OTP submission process. Contact us if you are interested in the implementation of this qualified modality of the advanced electronic signature.
Beyond this “standard “setting, Lleida.net offers the possibility of creating custom electronic signature systems that allow incorporating elements placed at the service of the signatory’s identification. The fact that of being tailored, requires and ad-hoc development according to the criteria of each client. Some key points:
- Signature with prior validation of the electronic signature certificate. The signatory must have a digital certificate that will be used to identify it.
- ID card validation by capturing the front and back of the identity document, passport or driving licence, the parameters of the document are analysed to check its validity.
- Validation of facial biometry. It comes along with the previous one and it makes a comparison between the id card photograph passport or driving licence and a selfie taken during the process.
- Video- identification. A video recording of the processes above explained is made. Thus, additional guarantees on the identity of the signatory are added.
We hope that these three posts have been useful to clarify doubts about esignature, doubts that may have arisen if you are considering implementing an alternative paper-based signature system.
You can contact us for assistance and our sales team will be pleased to assist you.
Chief Compliance Officer
Legal Practice Graduate at UAB Master in Law and New Technologies by ESADE and Law degree from the UAB. CESCOM® Compliance Certification.