Do you want to expand your company using cutting-edge technological solutions? If yes, you should know how the electronic signature works and the ease with which processes can be streamlined into your company.
At the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, companies realized that digitization was no longer an option, but an urgent need. What had not been done during years had to be done in several months and almost overnight, face-to-face work was replaced by teleworking, the physical signature by the electronic signature and the purchase on the street by online purchase. And that was the beginning and on a monthly basis the digital transformation of companies has accelerated to be able to compete in times of great uncertainty. In this sense, the electronic signature has become a fundamental tool so that companies can continue their activity without the need to stop it. In fact, we have detected a very significant increase in the use of the electronic signature, for example, if we compare December 2019 with December 2020, the increase in the use of the electronic signature has been 609.44%.
Companies from all sectors have benefited from the use of electronic signatures, for example, the real estate sector. According to the Tecnomatrit report, between March and September 2020, 705 rental contracts were signed digitally. On the other hand, the implementation of digital signatures means a cost reduction between 20% and 35%.
Now you know the benefits of this new way of signing, but do you know how the electronic signature works?
Find out how electronic signature works
Using electronic signature with us is easy:
- Register as a user
- Access the user area with username and password provided to you.
- Enter or select from Contacts the recipient(s) of the contract, set the email text and the signature web page, upload the contract in PDF and send it.
- The recipient will receive a registered email with a link to a web page where the document is signed. The user views the PDF and signs it with a click or with a handwritten signature, depending on what you have selected when sending the document.
- Depending on how you have set the signature process, a copy of the contract, with a signature mark, will be sent to the recipient or not once all the steps of the procedure are completed.
The great advantage of the whole process is that you could know at all time:
- If the document has been sent.
- If the recipient has received it, they have opened it and signed it.
Another essential aspect of the electronic signature is the documentary evidence. It is a PDF document with all the electronic evidence issued during the signature process:
- Data from registered emails o registered SMS sent and received: email addresses, content, mobile number, IPs used, dates and times of communications, etc.
- Signed documents.
- Annexes to those documents.
- OTP, ClicktoSign or biometric signature.
The documentary evidence is digitally signed with a time stamp from a Certification Authority, so the content is protected against forgery and manipulation, thus providing great legal certainty.
How the electronic signature works in the Registered SMS contract
In addition to using email to sign a contract or other electronic document, you can use an SMS. To do this end you can follow the following steps:
- Enter the user area with your credentials.
- Open the tab Registered SMS Contract > Send.
- Use the mobile phone number that has been assigned to you and add the number of the recipient or recipients.
- Write the text message you want to send.
- The recipient receives the SMS and the moment the they reply you will receive the message in the “Inbox” of your user area.
- In this case, you can also download the documentary evidence of the process.
Once you know how the electronic signature works, you will see that it can speed up the signature of a large number of documents: employment contracts, authorizations, rental contracts, contracts with providers or clients, letters and offers, just to mention but a few.
Summing up, it is a tool that can make much easier the day-to-day running of any business, saving time and making it easier for staff to focus on adding value to the company, helping to increase customer, provider and staff satisfaction.
We are the First Registering Operator – Registered electronic messages